Monday, 18 March 2013

Open Education

A Visual Interpretation of Open Education


Activity 3 H817 OpenLearn

For this particular activity, we've been asked to create a ' visual representation that defines openness in education'. This short video below that I created is based on concepts from Weller's paper, 'The openness-creativity cycle in education' (2012).




I used the following tools for the creation of this resource; iMovie, iPhoto, QuickTimePlayer and RealtimeBoard. The music, 'Setting Sail' is from Machinimasound.com

(Posted by Patricia Daniels)

Reference

Weller, M. (2012) ‘The openness–creativity cycle in education’, Special issue on Open Educational Resources, JIME, Spring 2012 [online]. Available at http://jime.open.ac.uk/jime/ article/ view/ 2012-02 (accessed 11 March 2013).




2 comments:

  1. Wow Patricia - that's some video, really well done. And thanks for listing the tools you used, I think this is really useful for other learners. I like pieces that have music accompanying them, I think (when it's done right) it really adds to a piece.
    I'm blown away by the quality and variety of some of the contributions we're getting through on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Martin, I was originally going to present it as a slide show from Realtimeboard, but it lacked movement. I wanted to try and capture the feel of a process that is evolving and a sense of material being newly created and disseminated.

    I agree, it's incredible what is being produced. That really is an advantage I think of this kind of open learning i.e. you have such a wide pool of people willing to share something from their perspective. It's going to be an interesting part of our module.

    ReplyDelete